COVID-19 Updates, Protocols & Waiver
To our Amazing Clients:
Thank you for your patience during this challenging situation. We have been working hard preparing for our reopening as the health and safety of our clients and community are of the utmost importance to us. At this time, we are planning to reopen when the Los Angeles County Health Department gives us the green light.
We know our clients expect the highest standards at Curlicue and we are committed to such standards. We believe the safest way to handle the salon is to treat everyone, including ourselves, as if they could be infected. The California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology, which governs our licenses, posted guidelines for salons on May 26, 2020. You can see that document by clicking on the following link
Our plan is to go beyond what is recommended. We have consulted with industry leaders to create safety protocols to keep everyone as safe as possible. The following list will outline those protocols as well as inform you of what to expect upon returning to Curlicue.
We understand that you are all eager to be rescheduled. We have had to cancel many appointments over the past 10 weeks. We will personally call each guest whose appointment was cancelled. To be fair to all, calls will be in order of original appointments. The online booking feature will be enabled in July after we’ve had time to test the new guidelines.
- Only customers receiving a service will be allowed in the salon.
- No more than 6 people will be allowed in the salon at any one time
- We ask that you sanitize your hands upon entry and refrain from touching surfaces and product
- Masks are mandatory for all appointments. Do not remove your mask during your visit
- Each area, all tools, stations and equipment will be sanitized and/or disinfected between each client
- No sample products or testers will be available
- We have updated certification on Sanitation protocols via Barbacide ™ and OSHA.gov
- Face/Eye protection will be worn by stylists during shampooing
- Temporarily suspending all complimentary services, such as coffee
- These protocols will continue to be refined and adjusted as needed and we will keep you informed every step of the way
Waiver MUST be completed & submitted before Appointment
Please read the following waiver, fill in the form below and click the submit button below to agree to the terms of the waiver.
Curlicue, operated by Shannon Hensley, is doing everything we can to protect our clients and community. To this extent, we will be following the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and local health department guidelines with regard to social distancing practices and sanitation in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19. This will require us to maintain six (6) feet of distance between ourselves and clients, as much as possible in our salon setting. We will also be requiring this same procedure for client-to-client contact in order to limit the exposure to all individuals. Only the person receiving the service will be allowed in the salon.
Curlicue requires all individuals to utilize approved masks, either surgical masks or improvised masks such as scarves, bandannas, and handkerchiefs to reduce the risk of exposure to yourself and others. It is also required of everyone to either wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival of your appointment, after using the restroom, sneezing, or coughing.
If we all work together, we can overcome the spread of this virus as well as other infectious diseases. We welcome you back to Curlicue!
By filling out the form below and submitting, you agree to comply with the written instructions above and agree that you are at the salon at your own risk, releasing Curlicue from any liability relating to COVID-19. Failure to comply with these written instructions or verbal instructions from staff may result in your removal from the premises.